Displaying Student Work

Displaying student work with clothespins is a great way to quickly change out work and show off more work throughout the year.

I love displaying student work around the classroom in different areas.  I love displaying student work using clothespins because then I don't have to staple into their work.  It also allows me to quickly change the work so that way I can put up different work weekly.  I bought these placemats at The Dollar Tree in two packs!!  These are very similar, but are round and not as long as the ones I bought a few years ago.

Having a hallway display is a great way to give a preview to upcoming students, and a fun reminder for past students.

In the hallways I like using the placemats and clothespins again so that way I can change them quickly in the hall too!  This allows younger students to see what they have to look forward to in the coming years.  It is also fun for the older students to remember what they did in previous years.  We have lockers in our halls, so I was able to put these placemats up above the lockers.  I am not able to change these as quickly as I do the ones in my classroom, but by using the clothespins it does allow me to change it easier.

Whole class displays are important so that all students feel as if their work is important!

I use string and clothespins to display student work for a whole class wall.  This is a great way to show off a whole class display.  You can add more layers of string if you have a bigger class, or bigger worksheets to display.  I love having the solid black background as well because it helps everything else pop!

How do you display your student work?  How often do you change the work that you put up in your classroom!?  I would love to hear your ideas!




No comments

Back to Top