Five for Friday ~ April 3

I am linking up this morning with Doodle Bugs Teaching to bring you my Five for Friday!  I'm so excited to be writing this post THIS morning, and from the comfort of my home with my pjs still on, and my babies watching toons on the couch!  I am so blessed that we have the day off!!





This week has been all about talking about the true meaning of Easter.  To help us with this we made these beautiful cross drawings!  I had them outline the cross, which they drew, in black marker.  Then they added horizontal and vertical lines.  They had to choose two lighter colors for the outside, and then bold colors for the inside of the cross!  I love how they turned out!  The crosses are actually the third set of drawings like this that we did!  We did hearts for Valentine's Day and shamrocks for St. Patrick's Day!  I think it would be fun to have a year of these, so then I can bind them and give them to them at the end of the year!!  {Insert idea for next year!!}




We were working on my Eggcelent Centers this week!  My kids love getting up and walking around the room to work on their math, so I made sure to have these two centers easy to tell apart, and around different parts of the room!  It was a great review strategy too, because both of these concepts they should have been able to complete quickly!





We wrote about being lucky bunnies this week!  I told my kids I wanted them to write about how THEY were a lucky bunny.  We talked about how blessed we were, and I wanted them to come up with three reasons that they were "lucky" or blessed in my words!  I found this freebie from Funky Fresh Firsties and my kids loved it!!  I loved the way they turned out, and how they each put their own spin on the bunny too!

In case you haven't heard there are so EXCITING things going on this week!!  I was so excited to link up with the amazing Angie and Ashley, and I know so many MORE FANTASTIC, AMAZING, INSPIRING teachers have linked up with them to share their schedules this week too!!  You won't wan to miss it!!


Also, Educents has launched their marketplace!  I'm so excited to be teaming up with them to be giving away $50 to the Educents store!!  You can read all about it here!



This week's video I found through a friend who was sharing about the amazing chapel her school does to share the Easter story with the kids!  Easter is such a hard time to teach because young kids just don't understand the importance of this holiday.  I hope this video leaves you inspired, and that you have somewhere to go worship this weekend!


3 comments

  1. I loved all the things you did in your class this week! It makes me want to be in your class everyday! Have a great weekend!

    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it's amazing to see a third grade teacher doing so many academic/crafting activities. Looks like a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of Educents. What is it?
    I love your activity of having the kids write about them being lucky bunnies - sometimes I think kids (and adults) have to stop and count their blessings.

    Mrs. Thomas' Teachable Moments Blog

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top