Baseball Room Transformation

Baseball room transformations can be done with a few simple supplies and a lot of fun!

A baseball transformation is a great way to keep students engaged in learning, and tie in all areas of content for a great day of learning!


During reading we were reading about Roberto Clemente, so I decided to transform my room into a baseball field! It was so much fun and brought a lot of excitement to our classroom!

I asked parents for help transforming my classroom, but didn't share with them what it was going to be used for. I asked parents for tarps, inflatable balls (found here) and an inflatable bat (found here). I had parents who were able to supply everything for me and then I spent an afternoon transforming my classroom!



I lowered some of the legs on desks to lower the desks as low as they would go. I then pushed all of the desks into three long rows to create a bleacher section in the classroom. Students were then able to use these desks as a seating area, as well as an area where they could work during the day.

I lined up my desk chairs into two long rows along the perimeter of two edges of the field to create a dugout section. I put a clipboard under each chair so that way the students would have another way to write while they were sitting in the bleachers since they didn't have a desk surface to write on sitting there.


You can grab the book here, so that way you can read the story as well for your baseball week! I can't wait to see how you transform your classroom! Please make sure to come back and share how it went!


No comments

Back to Top