Five For Friday - Holy Week Style

I am so thankful that it is Friday!!  That means it is time for Easter break!!

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for their weekly happiness!!





I am so excited that I get to spend this weekend with two of my best friends!!  My college friend came to spend the end of her spring break with us! We graduated together and then went our separate ways.  Back in 2009 she went on a major road trip with us up the California coast to Oregon!!  Since I have had children she has come to visit many times, and was even here for the baby shower for my son!!  She has come a few times since then, but has not seen my daughter since last summer!!  We are so excited to be able to spend these few days with her!!



My best teaching buddy is in town for Easter weekend too!!  She left me for Vegas, and every day I miss her being next door!  My school year has not been the same, and I miss her and our ice cream dates!  I'm excited to be able to spend some time with her this weekend though, and hope we can sneak in some Blue Bell somewhere!!




This week we were able to use some amazing centers by Ashley over at Schroeder Shenanigans in Second!  If you have not checked her out yet you will want to make sure that you do!!  We were able to use her new math centers, Eggcelent Place Value and Fraction Practice.  My kids loved the games, and they kept them engaged!

We were also able to work on our helping verbs with her amazing Helping Verbs scoot!!




In science this week we have been doing many hands on activities!  We are learning about layers of the earth, volcanoes, fossils and rocks.  We have not been reading out of our textbook, and instead have been using amazing products I found on TPT LAST YEAR!!  I couldn't believe it when I realized that a product I bought A YEAR AGO, was from The Blessed Teacher!!  I love Jennifer, and was so excited when I realized it was her pack that I used!

This week we made different types of rock using laffy taffy, graham crackers and frosting.  We also went on a fossil dig using chocolate chip cookies!!  On Thursday we were able to make our own fossils, so hopefully they will be nice and set on Tuesday when we get back to school!




Easter is one of my favorite holidays, and one of my favorite holidays to teach my students about.  There is so much that goes in to the Easter story, and for some of them it is the first time that they will read the story straight out of the bible.  We talked a lot about what Judas did, and how Peter denied Jesus three times.  It is so easy for us go along with the crowd, and not always stand up for what is right, or for what we believe in.  I'm looking forward to discussing the rest of the Easter story next week, and the amazing events that took place on Easter Sunday!!!

2 comments

  1. I love scoot, too, and so do my students! I'm envious that you can talk about Easter and the lessons so freely! We have to keep things muted in public school. Happy Easter!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I love being able to talk about Easter! We have really spent a lot of time talking about Easter, and the events that led up to Easter, and then after! We are finally finishing up this week! My class really got into it this year!! I'm sorry you aren't able to share more in the public schools!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top