Storing Your Information in Files!

I know I am a day late, but I am excited to be linking up with The Kindergarten Smorgasbord to bring you chapter 5 of Teaching with Intention!


I LOVE that this chapter was a lesson plan for us!  No, it wasn't written out the way we had to painfully write lesson plans in college, but it was an awesome example how to do this type of lesson! I can't wait to do this, and go get some bright colored poster board today to start prepping!!  Plus, what great anchor activities and anchor charts these will be!!

You take a poster board and fold it in half so it looks like a file folder!  Then you talk about how we file our ideas into our brain, in different folders just like we do on a computer!  You could even talk about how the iPad has different folders where they might have different things such as a game folder, or movie folder.  This generation of kids will know EXACTLY what we are talking about, so what a great visual for them to see how the information they are learning in class goes into a folder in their brain!!


I LOVED this quote, and can't wait to share it with my kids!  I know that little voice talks to me ALL. THE. TIME!  This will be great to share with our students, how they need to listen to that little voice, because it is helping them to learn as well!

Make sure to check out our hosts for the week to see what their take aways were too!!


The Kindergarten Smorgasboard     

No comments

Back to Top