Howdy Ya'll my name is Ashlyn and I'm the teacher behind The Creative Classroom. I'm so excited to be guest blogging on Cassandra's blog because first of all she is FABULOUS and second of all she is my blogging bestie! Cassandra and I first met at an Arizona meet-up and we hit it off right that moment. We have shared many laughs in Vegas together, yummy dinners with each other and possibly a million texts between one another. Cassandra is one of the most generous and thoughtful people I know and I'm so proud to know her and call her my friend because she helps make me be a better teacher each and every day!
1. I'm a second grade teacher in Chandler, AZ.
2. I'm the youngest of 3 daughters.
3. I was born and raised in a suburb of Salt Lake City, Utah.
4. I hate mushrooms.
5. I student taught 6th grade and decided I was meant for primary grades where I have been teaching for 10 years.
6. I graduated college and got married within a month of each other in 2006.
7. My husband Jon and I have lived in 3 different states since being married.
8. We have no children but are hoping to adopt someday soon!
9. I love the colors yellow and turquoise.
10. I'm very crafty.
11. I love Halloween and Christmas.
12. My first and last class I ever failed was a college course called Math for Elementary Teachers (I know right?)
13. I use to be a dancer (jazz, modern, hip-hop, ballroom, and yes even clogging)
14. I'm addicted to Diet Coke.
15. I hate watching the news.
16. Both my brother in law's names are Eric and my sister's name is Erika (should I mention I also have a cousin named Eric?)
17. My favorite book is Charlotte's Web and I cry every year when I read it to my class.
18. My favorite subject to teach is math but that is the one subject that I have the least of in my TPT store.
19. I'm very outgoing and love throwing parties.
20. I love shopping... Target, Forever 21, Nordstrom, Bath and Body Works, H&M, to name a few.
21. I'm LDS that means I'm mormon and I don't drink... I know you may be wondering how a teacher does it.
22. I love organizing things and being organized.
23. I always have a pack of Sour Patch Kids in my pantry for those days when I need a little treat.
24. I've walked on the Great Wall of China.
25. I've started enjoying running and will be running a race in November.
26. I love donuts.
27. I'm having a hard time thinking of 30 things about myself.
28. My husband and I enjoy building and restoring furniture.
29. My favorite things right now is Periscope and BLAB (follow me @thecr8tiveclass)
30. I love blogging and TPT because it helps me network and meet fabulous people like Cassandra and all the amazing teachers who are reading this right now!