Five for Friday ~ February 11

This week was a fun week, and I am excited to be linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to bring my highlights from the week!!



This week we worked on our religion unit about God's love!!  It made for some interesting conversations, talking about how we care called to love everyone, even those who may not always treat us kindly.  The kids had a hard time wrapping their heads around the fact that we can LOVE everyone at first, but then it started to make more sense when we talked about what it meant to show people we LOVE them!



One of my favorite things to do with my kids is build relationships!  I had a sweet student ask me to play man on woodchips with them on Thursday during our afternoon recess.  This is a game kind of like tag, but the person who is it can only stay on the wood chips and everyone else is on the play structure.  If they climb up on the structure then they have to close their eyes to try and tag you.  It's a lot of fun to have this opportunity to PLAY with my kids and HAVE FUN!!  They love that I get up and play with them!  I am so thankful for these opportunities where I am able to do these sort of things, and we laugh and enjoy hanging out during their breaks!


We have started our newest science unit and I am so excited to get my kids engaged!  We are working on our final physical science unit, and this week we are talking all about HEAT!!  I created these awesome notebook note dividers to help students focus in on key details, and find the KEY information in the text!  We were able to get up, get engaged and HEAT up as we learned all about what heat is and how we can measure it.



This quote really spoke to me this week.  I am going to continue to hold my head high and not let things bring me down.  I know that God has a plan for my life, and everything that we go through will all be okay in the end.  This week was a trying week, with emails sent out to parents, and questions asked.  I know that things will get easier, I know answers will be found, but until then I seek God and pray.




I've had this song on repeat, and it's been a great way to get me through these times!  I am so thankful to have music like this in my life!



No comments

Back to Top