For Me!?! Liebster Award

I was shocked when I read my comment from Noelle over at Giggles at Greene and found out that she nominated me for a Liebster Award!!  It's always nice to know that people see and appreciate your hard work!!  Thank you Noelle for such an amazing honor!  I follow so many amazing teachers on here that I aspire to be like!


There are four simple rules to the Liebster Award:  
1 - link back to the blog that nominated me.  Go check out Noelle!!  
2 - Nominate 5-11 blogs with less than 200 followers.  
3 - Answer the questions posted by the person who nominated me.  
4 - Share 11 random facts about me.

Noelle asked me 11 questions, so here are my answers to her questions!


1.  When was the moment you knew you wanted to become a teacher? I have always known I wanted to be a teacher.  I have always enjoyed working with kids, and every job I had in high school was working with kids!

2. What curriculum do you follow for ELA and Math?  For math I teach Saxon, but supplement a lot with TPT or my own creations.  I don’t enjoy Saxon, and just use it for the homework really.  For Language Arts I am using the Daily 5, so I am creating my own curriculum.  I am hitting the standards, and not having a book dictate what I should be teaching my students when.

3.  If you could go back in time would you change anything? Why?  I would change my freshmen year of college if I could, or at least the way I spent my money.  I have always been pretty good with money, but I spent a lot of money that year and looking back I shouldn’t have.

4. Do you work during the summer or take some time to relax?  I do both.  We go on vacation, but I take my laptop with me.  I use the summer to prep all of my Cricut materials for the school year as well.  I plan on spending a lot of time this summer revamping my classroom decor with all of my new TPT clipart and backgrounds.  

5. What has been your favorite grade to teach? Why?  I have only taught two grades so far.  I taught kinder my first year, and bless you who do!  I could not handle it, and I know that I was not a very good teacher to those kids.  I loved them, and by the end of the year they could all read, write and do math, but it was not fun.  I have been teaching third grade for the past six years, and LOVE IT!

6. What's a typical weekend like in your house?  Our weekends are a hodgepodge of getting things done around the house.  My husband is also a teacher, so our home is neglected during the school week.  We spend the weekends with our kiddos, and of course try to fit in some grocery shopping too.  We try to hang out with at least one friend over the weekend, or have play dates with friends who also have kiddos!  We always try to fit in church too, whether it is Saturday night church or Sunday morning.

7. If you could become a superhero, other than a teacher of course, which would you choose?  I would love to be Batman!!  Batman is my favorite superhero, and one that I always enjoy watching his movies.

8. What are some of your favorite blog topics to write about?  I love writing about anything, and sharing the amazing TPT products that I am able to use!

9. What is your favorite Link Up?  My favorite Link Up is Currently by Farley, or Meet the Teacher Monday by Trina.

10.  Which movie best describes you/your life?  I love movies, but I don’t know if there is one that describes my life.  I wish that I could dance like they do in Step Up, or had a super close group of friends like the Fast and Furious movies.  Our lives are full of teaching and taking care of our kids.


11.  If you could meet anyone (living or non) who would it be? Why?  There are so many amazing bloggers I would love to meet!!  I am hopeful that this summer at the TPT conference in Vegas that many are going to I will be able to meet so many of you!!  I would also love to meet Walt Disney!  I love Disney, and everything Disney, so I would love to meet him and learn about how it all started with a little mouse!

I am so excited to nominate these lovely ladies!  Their blogs, and IG accounts inspire me daily!  Plus these ladies have become friends that I talk about, and one day hope to meet!!

Ashley and Amanda at For His Glory Teaching


Ashely at Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd
Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd

Alyssa at Just a Primary Girl
Just A Primary Girl

Jennifer at The Blessed Teacher
The Blessed Teacher


Jamie at Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher
Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher   
Here are my 11 questions ladies -

1)  When did you begin teaching, and in what grade?
2)  How did you begin teaching at the school where you are currently?
3)  What is your favorite subject to teach, and why?
4)  What movie could you watch over and over again?
5)  What is your favorite Pandora station, or a CD or artist that you could listen to all day?
6)  How do you spend your Friday nights?
7)  When you were in school, what grade was your favorite and why?
8)  Would you rather lay on the beach for a weekend getaway, or be in the snowy mountains?
9)  What is your favorite meal to eat or cook, and can you share the recipe?
10)  Do you spend more time on blogs, IG, Pinterest or lesson plans?  ;)
11)  Will you be at the conference in Vegas, either TPT, I Teach K, I Teach 1st, Differentiation or Singapore math July 7-11?

I can't wait to hear what you all have to say!!  I hope that you will all be in Vegas this summer too!!

And now, what you all have been waiting for, 11 random facts about myself!

1 - I cheered from fourth grade until my freshmen year of college, three of those years on an All Star team.  My team was the first Jr. All Star team to be back to back champions at the NCA Disneyland competition.  (It's amazing how far All Stars have come since 1999!)

2 - I folded clothes at night my first year teaching so we could make ends meet.

3 - I have had a twin every where I've gone (elementary school, high school, college, and work).  These ladies have looked like me, and we've acted the same too.  They all helped me become the woman I am today!

4 - I would curl up with a good book and read all day if I could!

5 - My son spent his second year of life going between my house and my parent's house.

6 - I love books, but hating paying for them, so the public library is my best friend!

7 - I coach 5th and 6th grade volleyball, but the only team sport I participated in was cheer.

8 - In high school I coached flag football, basketball, and soccer.  I was the only girl coach, and my teams always won the tournaments.

9 - I love Toms!!  They are my shoe of choice, and I would wear them every day if I had a pair to go with every outfit!  I just got five new pairs because of the Zulily sale!!

10 - I love sweats!  As soon as I walk in the door from anywhere I go and change into comfy sweats.

11 - I will be attending the Singapore Math conference in Vegas, so I will be in Vegas from July 6 - 12!  I am going with our first grade, fifth grade, and middle school math teacher.  I'm hoping I will have time to meet so many of the amazing bloggers who will be attending the TPT conference as well!

Thank you again Noelle for the amazing nomination!  I hope that you all are having a great Sunday!!

3 comments

  1. Aw thank you SO much!!! I will add my post for this to my list!!!<3 PS .. We have a lot in common! Hellllo sweatpants the minute I'm in the door!!:):) thanks again and congrats to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! I just love your blog- you deserve it! I have been following you from my blog- you are one of the Blogs I Love!!
    Melissa
    Keep Calm and Love First Grade

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top