Car Accident - so thankful!

I am so thankful for all of the support I received from so many of you last night.  I know this blogging/TPT/IG world is amazing, but last night I felt so much love!!

I was in a car accident yesterday afternoon.  I had stopped at Walmart on my way to a baby shower yesterday to get a few more things to add to the present.  I was also grabbing some pool toys for my kids.  I had gone about a mile when all of a sudden I was in an accident.  It was horrible!  Luckily my car isn't that bad, but isn't drivable.  



We had to stand outside, luckily in the shade, and wait for about an hour.  We called 911, and the firefighters came first.  They stayed for a while checking things out.  They had to help the kid who was driving the other car, and he was off to the hospital.  I don't know for sure what happened to him, but it looks like he might have really hurt his leg.  There was no blood, or bones sticking out, so I'm not sure what happened.

When the police got there they took all of our information and wrote up an accident report.  The other car had to be towed and mine was drivable, or so we thought.  I got in my car to leave and it turned out that my seat belt locked up and wouldn't unlock.  I was able to drive it home, but then insurance told me I should go get a rental car.

I headed off to the rental place with a friend who lives right down the street.  He was great, and stayed with me until we made sure I had a car to drive home.  Now we have a rental car until our car gets fixed.  We are a one car family right now, so we had to get a rental.

I know this accident could have been so much worse!  I was by myself, I didn't have my babies with me, I wasn't seriously hurt, and our car shouldn't be too hard to fix.  It wasn't what I had planned for yesterday, but I am thankful for the reminder of how precious life is.  Every day is a gift and I need to look at it that way.

Don't forget that today is the last day to try to win my big milestone giveaway too!!  I hope that you have entered and that you win!!


6 comments

  1. So traumatizing being in an accident. I'm glad you're ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are ok. I was in a car accident on Wednesday, the day before the last day of school. I know exactly how you feel. I'm glad to hear your babies weren't with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how awful! Car accidents are so scary! Glad you are ok!!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know that you're feeling better. Accidents can happen when we least expect them, even when we know we're already being careful. I'm really relieved that the car took more damage than you did. I hope you don't go through anything similar again, especially if you have your babies with you. Take care always, dear! :)

    Emily Beck @ The Lambert Firm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being involved in an accident can really be life changing. Thankfully, yours wasn’t that bad and didn’t leave you with any serious injury. Anyway, it's good that your insurance successfully covered all the repair for your car. That is such a relief. How are you now? I hope you’re doing great. Take care!

    Stephanie Waters @ Chastaine Law Office

    ReplyDelete
  6. A car accident can be traumatizing in so many ways. Luckily, the car took all the hit and you only sustained minor injuries. The accident definitely could've been much worse. Anyway, I hope that will be the last time you experience such a terrible event. Take care always! :)

    Sabrina Craig @ Medical Attorney NY

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top