2gether We Are Better ~ Parent Communication

I am so excited to be linking up with Ashley and Angie again this month for their #2getherwearebetter link up!!


I don't know about you, but I believe that giving parents MORE information is always better than less.  Parents at my school LOVE to know what is going on, and love finding out about what is going on in our room.

Classroom newsletters to send home to parents to keep them informed about what is going on during your school week.


Every Sunday night I send out my class newsletter.  I switched it from Mondays to Sunday nights.  I did this about half way through the year by a request from one of my parents.  I give parents WAY more information than they could need.

I also upload our daily plans, not in a ton of detail, to our online program that parents can look at.  When students are going to be absent or go on vacation this is a great way to give them what they are going to be missing because it is already all set up for them.

Every day I walk my students downstairs, and wait with my students until they are picked up.  This gives me the opportunity to talk with parents almost daily.  I know that this is rare in a lot of schools, but i believe it helps keep our families close to what is going on.

Make sure that you check out these other amazing bloggers to see what they have to share with you about parent communication!


1 comment

  1. LOVE the idea of posting an outline of your plans to keep those parents informed when they are headed out of town!! LOVE it! Thanks so much for linking up with us Cassandra!

    Ashley
    Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top