30 Amazing Teachers ~ Jessica


     Hey everyone it is Jess aka The Whimsical Teacher!  If you don't know me, I'm a 5th grade teacher working in Nevada. I'm also a blogger (I have 3 blogs now, eeep!), and I'm a teacherpreneur. I love social media, writing, and helping other teachers become more resourceful.  

whimsical

I am so incredibly honored to be apart of Cassandra's 30 Amazing Teachers!

   I first started chatting with Cassandra back in April of this year. We were both drawn to the fun and fast paced twitter chat called  #tptchat every Sunday night (5pm pst).  Even before we twitter chatted, I've admired her blog and tpt store.  I also think her and her blogging besties in Arizona are the sweetest bunch of teacherpreneurs this side of the Mississippi!!!

    I spent a chunk of this last summer watching periscopes and getting the best tips from teachers all over the world.  I have notebooks full of useful and helpful information.  If you've ever watched one my periscopes, you would know that sometimes I can be random and bizarre!  I would like to share some of my randomness with you today by sharing my 5 favorite random teacher tips!

   

    Do you use iPads in your classroom?  Are you ever confused about which apps you should be letting kids use?  Many teachers believe that kids should use creation or project based apps where they are using problem solving skills to make something great. If you are new to this concept, I found a great listing of these creation apps (most of which are free) here:




Did you know that businesses donate left over products to teachers? Have you ever wondered how you can get your hands on these products? 

I'd like to introduce you to:


     On Naeir all teachers pay is the shipping cost for getting free stuff!  It's amazing.  This summer, one of my pals got two (YES 2!!) scotch laminators for $14.00.  TOTAL.  You must sign up with your teacher email address to join.  Also be aware that sometimes it takes up to a week for the site managers to accept you.  The format sort of feels like an ebay for teachers, except it's lacking the aggressive bidding: it's just first come, first serve!  Sounds like a sweet deal to me!


Do you know how much free money is available to teachers each year?  Jump through a few hoops, and the opportunities for your classroom are limitless!

Edutopia put together a massive list of new grants and resources for teachers.  
Most of these are going on RIGHT now, so go check them out!



     Do you ever want to try something new online with your class, but you don't have time to research websites, and make sure they are 100% kid appropriate?  Well, I have good news for you!  Every year the American Association of School Librarians puts together a list of the BEST 21st century, cutting edge, kid friendly websites. 

Here's the link to the 2015 list!


I hope you found these tips useful!  A big thank you goes out to Cassandra for this wonderful opportunity!  

Cassandra, Happy Birthday and I hope that your 30's are productive and full of love and joy!



No comments

Back to Top