Five for Friday ~ May 6

Happy May!!  We have made it to the first week of May!! Can you believe how quickly this year is flying by!?!  I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching today to bring you my Five for Friday!!



Our countdown until the end of the school is a great way to build excitement and have fun!


This week has been a great first week of May!!  I am excited because we celebrate EVERY DAY in May!!  We have a different fun activity planned for each day in May!  It is fun because the students don't find out until the DAY BEFORE what the next's day adventure is going to be!!


Special treats for teachers in their boxes during the last few weeks of school is a great way to build up staff enthusiasm!

Also in our boxes every day this week we have had a surprise treat!! Check out this super cute post it I got on Monday!!  I LOVE this idea!!


The pencil challenge is a great way to keep students motivated to keep track of their pencil when you are running into a pencil challenge!

Raise your hand if your pencils are disappearing just like mine are!  I feel like I have put a brand new set of pencils in the bucket every week for the past few weeks!  Well this week I put my foot down, and said we were going to start the pencil challenge!  I haven't set a firm finish date, but am thinking I will surprise them multiple times if they have their pencils!


Whole 30 is a great way to get back on track with your health! Eating right is a great way to keep your body ready for the end of the year!

Whole 30!!  Oh how I loathe thee!!  It has been quite a week!  I do great for breakfast, snack and lunch!  But then when I get home, oh man, it's like a crazy person takes over!  Every night it is a battle to eat what I have already planned and shopped for! Cinco de Mayo was an even bigger test, but I held strong, and Friday marks day 6!  I am feeling great, I'm not hungry, but just already over salads!


This week this song really spoke to me.  As I am winding down my school year, and getting ready to say goodbye this song spoke to me.

Oh Lord I lay it down
Oh Lord I lay it down
Help me to lay it down
Oh Lord I lay it down

O let this be where I die
My Lord with thee crucified
Be lifted high as my kingdom fall
Once and for all

1 comment

Back to Top