Five for Friday ~ Fall Break Style!

I am so excited that I had an awesome week to share with you tonight!!  I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching tonight to bring you my Five For Friday!!



My Fall Break started last Friday!  I went and picked my husband up from work and then we went to dinner.  After dinner he dropped me off at the airport for my quick trip to Orange County to see my best friend!  It was the BEST weekend!!  I love her, and am so thankful that I was able to spend some time with her!
A great homemade breakfast in California on Fall Break!


Check out this yummy food we ate!!  All we did was eat all weekend!  IT WAS AMAZING!!  Saturday morning we got up and made homemade waffles.  We found a recipe online and just went for it!  After adding some more flour, the first waffle was not thick enough, we had an amazing breakfast!!

We got showered, and then we went shopping and to the movies!  It was awesome!  That's two movies in one week for me!!  For sure a first!

Delicious homemade dinner in Orange County


For dinner her hubby made us amazing steaks, veggies and bread!!  We were so spoiled!!  Then we sat around watched the Giants game.  I am nota hardcore fan for any sport, but it was fun to watch with them!

On Sunday we headed to Balboa Island!  For living in Orange County for FIVE years I was shocked at how cute and fun this little island was!!  We had an amazing time, and it was so fun to go paddle boarding!!  Nicole's sister lives on the island, so we were a block away from this spot!  It was SOOO FUN!!  For sure something I want to do again!  (Thankfully Nicole's sister let me borrow clothes too, just in case we fell in!!  We didn't though!)

Balboa Island

I flew home on Sunday night, and headed up to my mom's house on Monday!!  I love spending time up at her house!  It is so nice to get away for a few days, and it is fifteen degrees cooler!!  AMEN!!  I was in sweats all week!  Sitting here now I am already sweating, and back in my tank top and shorts!

Pumpkin dip made during Fall Break!

Another reason I love going to my mom's house is because she is totally okay with trying new Pinterest recipes.  Someone else made this dip two years ago, and I loved it, so I finally wanted to give it a try!  I knew my mom would totally be okay with it too!  It was SOO good, but made SOOO much!  I now have a ton to share at bible study on Sunday!


This week I started working on my Christmas math sets!  Now before you think I am way planned far ahead, no, I'm not, but I knew if I didn't do them now I probably wouldn't get to them until Christmas break.  During Thanksgiving break we travel to California for a teacher's conference, so break isn't really a break.


 I'm excited for this set!  I have already finished two sets completely, and I am outlining the third already.  I am debating if I should offer these as individual sets as well?  I have heard pros and cons about both, so I'd love to know what you think!

My mom has an awesome house, with an even better neighborhood and yard for my kiddos! She lives at the end of cul de sac and her neighbors are mostly elderly.  This allows my kiddos the freedom to run around the cup de sac without worrying about cars speeding around the corner like at our house.  Their backyard is the wilderness, and they have wild animals to go with it!!


This isn't the first time we'e seen a javelina, but this is the first time I've seen one so close to their fence!  Luckily I don't think these animals can jump, and the fence is spiked on top, so if the animal tried to jump and missed he would be impaled.


Hands down my favorite part of the week was these two!!


My babies are my pride and joy, and I love them both so much!!  I miss my princess all the time, and even though my son is going through his terrible threes, I couldn't imagine my days without him!  I loved spending time with them all day, playing, laughing, wrestling, reading, napping, coloring, playing in the water, running around outside, and just having fun!!  We missed daddy, but are thankful for our week together!

1 comment

  1. So glad you got to spend some quality time in CA with your bestie! Looks like you had an amazing time while you were here. Our Fall Break can't come soon enough! Have a great weekend.
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top