Monday Link Ups . . .MTM and Must-Read Monday!

I can't believe that it is Monday night already!!  Where has my long weekend gone?!  After having my operation on Thursday, my weekend went by way too fast.  I had two kids, via c section and I have taken more pain medicine for this simple operation than I did for both recoveries with my babies!!

My hubby and I were able to sneak away for the weekend, and my in-laws kept the kids so we could head up to Sedona for a kid free relaxing weekend!  It was so nice, but went by way too quickly!  Saturday we woke up, went to eat breakfast, watched a movie, and then I worked, worked, worked!!  I was working on report cards, new products, and planning!  Saturday night we went out to dinner again, and then played a game when we got back.

Now, here we are, Monday night and I am not ready for the week.  I'm hoping I will be able to take my pain meds with me to work, but I don't want them to mess me up while I'm at work!  I'm thankful that tomorrow starts our teacher appreciation week too!!  Our parents always go above and beyond!!

Okay, time for the first linky!  I'm linking up with Trina over at The Ordinary to Extraordinary Classroom again this week for Meet the Teacher Monday!!


This week is all about . . . WHAT IF!?!

1.  If you could stop a bad habit that you have, what habit would you stop?
My bad habit would be needing to be in control.  I like things done a certain way, so I have a hard time giving things up and asking for help.  Things have been a little better in this department this school year because I have two aides, so I have had to find things for them to do.  This has allowed me the opportunity to give up some of the control.

2.  If you woke up suddenly because your house was on fire, what three things would you grab?
God willing my children were already safe, I would grab my external hard drive (all of my pictures), and then my kid's blankets so that way they could have something to help them through the loss.  (Both of my kids need their blankies to sleep)

3.  We live in a dystopian society, and the music police is in charge of all things music.  If you were forced to listen to one song for the rest of your life, what song would it be?  You can only pick one!
One song, wow, too many to choose from.  My one song would probably be by Jeremy Camp - he is my favorite and speaks to my heart.  There will be a day would be my choice, or This Man.  He is coming to town next week, and I wish I could go to see him perform.  He is playing after the GCU basketball game though, and on a Thursday night!!  Why do artists do that to us?!!  Don't they know that we have to work the next day too!

4.  If you saw someone with their dress tucked into their SPANX, would you tell them?
OF COURSE!  I would pray that someone would tell me.  I often point out to my kids, in secret of course, when they forgot to finish taking care of business in the restroom.

5.  If you were given a time machine and could go back in time to give your younger self a message, what would that message be?
I would tell myself not to spend all of my graduation money on my high school boyfriend.  I would make sure that I knew that it was going to be a rocky road, and that he was going to help turn me into who I am today, but that he isn't worth all of the pain he will cause me.

6.  If you were able to have one supernatural power, what power would it be?
My power would be to function on less sleep!

7.  If you could have 25 hours a day (while everyone else still has 24), what would you do with that extra hour?
If I knew for sure that my children would not wake up during that extra hour, I would for sure use this extra hour to sleep!!

8.  If you could live in one time period, what time period would you choose?
I don't know if any one time period is better than another.  I feel like every time period has their own problems.  I am almost afraid of what it will be like when my children are in their teenage years.

9.  If you could live anywhere in the world (cost is not a factor), where would you live?
I don't really care what location I lived in, as long as I could move everyone I loved near us!  I miss being so far away from my family and my besties!

10.  If you could have a grand party, and invite any 3 people in the world (dead or alive, real or fictional), who would you invite?
Can I only invite 3 people?  How about 3 couples?  I would want Nat's godparents there, my best friend and her family from college.  My best friend from home, and her family.  My 3rd person would be my work BFF, and her hubby.  I miss these three ladies so much, and they have helped me become the woman, mom, wife and teacher that I am!

I'm also linking up with Amanda over at Teaching Maddeness to talk about my other favorite thing, READING!!

Must-Read Monday Linky

I love to read!  My goal for the year is to read 24 books this year, which is a low goal for me, but I wanted to try to read educational books this year too.  Plus, now with my mini me crawling all over the place, my hours of reading are only in bed at night.

With this long weekend I was able to start and finish the second book in the Testing trilogy.  I love these types of books, where they are looking at what the world could be like in the future.  I started reading The Testing thanks to someone on IG, and couldn't wait to get my hands on the second book, Independent Study!  I was sad when I finished it in a day and found out that the third book wasn't going to be out until JUNE!!

In school we have been learning about the Olympics.  We have been reading about the Olympics, and writing about the Olympics.  We have been reading Hour of the Olympics in the Magic Tree House series.  I only had a few students who had read it before, so it was great! We were able to learn more about the ancient games, which went along well with our vocabulary words too!

I am excited to start a new book this week, I just don't know which one yet!!  I am excited for this linky party though, and to find new books to read!!

No comments

Back to Top