I love to teach . . . MATH!! {With a FREEBIE!!}

I am linking up again today to share with you what I love to teach!!  Thank you Blog Hoppin' for such a fun week of posts and hopping!!


I love to teach MATH!!  Math is my favorite thing to teach because there is so much you can do with it!  You can play games, you can create worksheets, you can find the answer a TON of different ways! I love exploring in math, and trying to help kids see the different ways to find the same answer.

This week I have started to train teach my kids how to get out supplies on their own, and put things away.  We have been playing BUMP games all week.  I learned more about BUMP games at the SDE conference this summer, and created some of my own BUMP games.


For this week I created BUMP boards with multiples of 3s, 5s and 10s.  You can find them here!!

Next week I plan on adding 2s, 4s, and 6s.  This gives them practice with counting in these multiples, and right now I told them they can only cover that number.  We are going to talk about decomposing the numbers in a few weeks, and how they can cover up two numbers that make that number instead. It will put a whole new twist on the game for them!


I'm so excited we are using Mrs. Olson's Lucky Little Learner's interactive notebooks this year too!!  We have started with the money notebook.  I have been amazed at where my kids are, and how much they need help with.  I always forget that these kids DO NOT play with money!!  These have been so fun to put together so far, and the kids are learning as they do it!!  I am excited to start the time one next as a review as we are learning about time right now.


I have a Saxon textbook, even though I am not a HUGE fan of it, so I love finding fun activities to do with the kids!  Some of my other favorites are from Schroeder Shenanigans in Second!  My kids last year loved scoot games, so I created some for them to work on too!!

Thank you for hanging out with me for the week, and checking out my classroom, and learning a little bit more about what I do every day, and why I do it!!  Make sure to go to Blog Hoppin' to check out what else amazing teachers love to teach!!


No comments

Back to Top