Five for Friday

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for my last Five for Friday of the summer!!


I reported back to work on Monday for meetings.  We had a staff meeting in the morning, and then we were able to go bowling as a staff.  It is now kind of a tradition.  We have fun, and it is a great way to start the year.

I have spent A LOT of time in my classroom this week.  We had meet the teacher this week, where students are able to come in and drop off their classroom materials.  It is a fun way to meet our kids before school starts, and for them to get to see the classroom.  I made them a cute little welcome gift, thanks to some Pinterest inspiration.


On Monday I found out that my grandmother had two strokes over the weekend.  She is actually in surgery right now, so we are sitting in the ICU waiting room waiting for the doctors.  My grandma is 74, but not in the best of health.  After talking to a close friend, with a medical background, she told me how important it was that I was here.  Thanks to a very supportive administration I was able to miss work on Thursday and today to make sure that I was here.

My son's third birthday is tomorrow!  I can't believe how quickly time flies!!  Three years ago today I was at school getting ready for the first day of school!!  Now, my son is getting ready to head to his second year of preschool next week!!  Check out his cute birthday invite I made!!  My photographer took this amazing picture at Halloween last year!!


I have updated my store with my newest products, my classroom labels!  I used these everywhere in my classroom!



I am so excited that everything in my room matches, and is labeled for the kids to find!  I will do a full classroom reveal some time next week when I am able to take more pictures in my room!




4 comments

  1. My goodness you have so much going on. Sending prayers for your grandma your way. It's so hard when those who are ao close to us struggle. I am all over my grandparents about taking cars of themselves better. Your invites are adorable! Lots of luck with all the party planning!!

    Hope
    Teaching with Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending happy thoughts to your grandmother! Happy birthday to your little one!

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending prayers for your grandmother! Your open house looks great. Happy birthday to your son!

    Allie
    The Positive Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the invite for your son's birthday...so cute and creative! My son Jackson is turning 3 in September too!!
    Elyse :)
    Proud to be Primary

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top