My first Fix - Stitch Fix!!

I was so excited when I saw everyone getting super cute stitch fixes!  I figured it would be a great investment, I could get some cute clothes, and I wouldn't have to spend time trying to figure out when I could get away from the kiddos long enough to go to a store and try on clothes!  This way I could do it in the privacy of my own home!!  I signed up a long time ago, June I think!  I knew we'd be out of town for all of June, and part of July.  I figured it would be fun to have my first fix come in time for my birthday so I scheduled for my first fix to arrive Wednesday, August 20.


Here is what the clothes looked like when I took them out of the box.  I was pretty excited looking at these pieces!  Check out that beautiful coral color!!



Here is my piece by piece of the box.


This first tank wasn't too bad, but it was really flowy and way too big for my liking.  I like my tanks loose, but not this loose.  The buttons were cute, but cut a little too low.  This was a no for me.


This next tank wasn't as flowy as the first, and actually has a really cute back that I realize I forgot to take a picture of!! Sorry!!  The white pants were also part of my fix, but I couldn't take a much better picture than this.  They fit well, but were very see through!!  I wouldn't be able to wear them because of this, but I am keeping the tank.  So another no, but one yes!!



This skirt was such a toss up for me!  I loved how soft it was, the fit, the length and the style.  I just wasn't crazy about the print.  My husband was even less crazy about it than I was.  He isn't one for bright patterns, or something out of normal, so he really didn't like it.  I was really torn, but decided to send it back.



When I took this dress out of the box I REALLY wanted to LOVE it.  It was such a great color, came with a belt, and looked great in the picture on the style sheet.  As soon as I put it on I knew it was going to be a no.  The top was very loose fitting, which was so strange compared to the body hugging skirt.  The skirt hugged in all of the wrong places (especially two babies later!)  It just wasn't flattering.  I was so sad!!


I ended up only keeping the one gray tank, and wasn't even overly excited about keeping it.  The only reason I kept it was because my husband said I should keep something since I was so excited about this Stitch Fix, and I had been talking about it forever.  The prices were not my friend either.  I am a faithful shopper at places like Target, Old Navy, JC Penny, and Walmart.  The dress I wore earlier this week came form Walmart of all places and I think more people like that #ootd than my outfits that come from New York and Company.

I love the idea of Stitch Fix, but I just didn't love the prices.  I wish that there could be an idea like Stitch Fix for those of us who shop at places like Old Navy or Target.  Both of these places carry "pricer" pieces to me, things I wouldn't buy without a coupon, or gift card, unless they were on sale.  I have never owned expensive clothing, and it took me until I was 27 to finally buy a pair of shoes that cost more than $20.  Thank you for introducing me to the world of Toms Chelsea!!

I have seen people get amazing things from Stitch Fix, and I have seen many IG friends who have loved their fixes and kept ALL of their pieces!!  I am not opposed to trying again, but not right now.  My Pinterest account wasn't linked to my Stitch Fix account, but it would have been nice to know it wasn't working before my stylist sent me my first fix.  It is now fixed, and I plan on adding new things to the board before I order my next fix.  I may try again closer to the holidays, or in the new year, I haven't decided.  I also have to convince my husband that it's worth trying again.

If you haven't tried Stitch Fix yet, and you are interested you can use my referral link.  If you order a box, then I'll receive a $25 credit, which may help me order my next box that much sooner.  I hope I haven't deterred you from trying it if you are interested, I do love the idea, but I wanted to be honest in my experience!

3 comments

  1. aww that's disappointing that you didn't love your "fix" I linked my Pinterest and pinned several things from the Stitchfix Pinterest page and other people's Stitchfix pages. (they sent me two exact items that I had pinned, so its nice to know they were looking). I also, shared my blog link when I checked out so that my stylist would see exactly how I felt about each piece. I hope you will try it again. I agree that the prices are a little spendy... but often the quality of the pricier pieces are worth the little extra money. (and not having to go to mall is worth A LOT) to me. Good luck! (ps- loved the skirt)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that I was not impressed with Stitch Fix either - especially with the prices. I kept a necklace so I wouldn't lose my $20. My friend refused to take anything because of the overly high prices.I like your idea of getting more affordable clothes. I think it's good to try out new things though. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is adorable and I just got my first Stitch Fix last week! I'm your newest follower and just moved up to third from first. I can't wait to come and visit and see what you are up to!
    xoxo,
    Vicky
    Teaching and Much Moore

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top