~ 14 in 2014 ~

I am amazed at how quickly time is going now!  Oh my!  Since I had my babies it just seems to go quicker and quicker!

I love this idea of reflecting on 14 things from 2014, and I am excited to be linking up.


My favorite quotes have always been bible verses!  I love them, and think they speak directly to us!  There are SOOO many great ones!

Source

Right now I am really loving my skinny jeans, and tall boots!!  Since boots aren't really an article of clothing, I will go with my skinny jeans.  Want to know a secret!?  I got these on sale at Old Navy!!  I love a good sale at Old Navy, and I actually will never buy anything from there unless it is on sale.


I love so many movies it's hard for me to pick just one!!  I am a sucker for all things Nicholas Sparks, so all of his movies I watch!  Of course I read the book first, but his movies are so good!  I also love dance movies!  My hubby and I might have watched almost any dance movie you can think of, and on our two day mini vac a we even found a new one to watch thanks to Red Box!

I was excited to carry on our tradition of watching a movie while we were at teacher's conference!  I was sad that my bestie wasn't there with me this year, but hoping she'll be there next year!
My favorite TV series this year would have to be Biggest Loser!  I love this show, and I love watching the transformation this people take!
I love to eat!!  I can't believe I have to pick ONE restaurant!!  Food is so yummy, and we enjoy a night out every now and then.  My favorite restaurant to go to with just my hubby would be The Melting Pot!  We have some fun memories there with our friends Ben and Allison who now live across the country!  It is SOOO yummy!
I didn't try very many new things this year, as I tend to stick to what I like.  I did go out and meet some new people this year, which is HUGE for me!!  In case you missed my 12 15 days of Christmas, you may want to go back and check it out, so you can "meet" some of the awesome people I met this summer!!  These ladies are inspirational to me, and I can't wait until Vegas next year when I can attend the TPT conference with them!


These ladies are amazing!!


The amazing Jennifer, from The Blessed Teacher
This summer my work bestie Bridget went with me to Vegas!  She was amazing, and awesome to room with!  I'm truly hoping we'll be able to go together again this year!  While we were in Vegas I bought Bridget her first Alex and Ani bracelet, which said Beyond Blessed!  I loved it, and knew it was exactly what she needed!

Since then, she has bought me, not one, but two bracelets!!  She bought me the H for my birthday, and then for Christmas she got me the friend bracelet!  This girl is truly special to me in my life, and even when she can't, she goes above and beyond.  I don't know what I would do without the gift of her friendship in my life!  It would really make my school day that much harder.
I pin, A LOT!!  I used to pin a lot more than I do now, but I still have A TON of boards!  I have finally separated my accounts too, so now I have a teacher account, and a personal account.

My favorite teaching pin is from Angie Olson!  I love her interactive notebooks, and hers are truly amazing!



My favorite food pin was this amazing buffalo chicken.   We love all things buffalo chicken, and this one was delicious!


My favorite blog post wasn't just one post, but a series.  I love meeting amazing people in this teaching world, and I love sharing what I know.  I LOVE how open these ladies are to sharing with me, and I wouldn't be where I am today with out each of them!!


My favorite accomplishment was finally asking my husband if it was okay if I joined TPT as a premium seller.  I was very nervous because I wasn't selling a lot, and $60 when you are only making $5 a month seemed like a long shot.  I am so excited I joined though, because it gave me the drive I needed to help improve my store.  Now don't get me wrong, I am hardly making the millions, thousands, or even hundreds now, but my small accomplishments are going to drive me into 2015 to make next year even better!  Not only for me, and my students, but also for each of you!  I have big ideas for 2015 and can't wait to start sharing them with you!
I love my family photos!  I have an AMAZING photographer!  She has been taking our family photos since my baby girl was born.  I am so blessed to have her in my life, not only as our photographer, but also as my friend!

This was one of my favorites that she got of our little man this year!!
I have so many amazing memories from this year!  My children bless me with adventures every day, both inside my home, and inside my classroom!


April - my baby girl turning one, and my best friend flying in to surprise me

May - watching my 8th grade girls graduate and move on to high school!

June - going on a family vacation to Las Vegas, Lake Tahoe, the Bay Area, and Orange County

July - going to Vegas for the SDE conference and meeting AMAZING people

August - celebrating my baby boy turning THREE

December - my baby girl breaking her arm

I have many goals for 2015.  I always set goals for myself, and some years I am much better about keeping track of them!  I set personal goals, and professional goals!

Personal goals - READ, eat healthier, be financially smart, pay off student loan

Professional goals - attend SDE in July, attend TPT conference in July, help students reach mastery of multiplication and division facts, be planned by Fridays (for next week), email newsletter Sunday nights, don't bring grading home


BE PRESENT

I know those are two little words, but I feel like the be must be there.  I want to be present when I am with my kids.  I know that I often feel myself getting distracted by my forever long to do list.  I also know how quickly time is going!  I can't believe i am going to have a 2 and a 4 year old in the year 2015!!  Where has time gone!?!  I will have two children in school!  I will be taking both of my babies to school with me!!  WHAT?!

I need to be present with my husband too.  So often he gets the leftovers, whatever I have left to give at the end of the day, and it is often not very much.  I need to make sure that when I am spending time with him, I am spending time with him.  Thankfully he is a teacher as well, so he understands the crazy world of teaching we live in, but at the same time, I know he needs the same support I do.



If you've made it this far, then thank you!!  I pray that you have a very blessed 2015 as well!!  2015 is going to be a great year! My babies are growing up, I turn 30, and Vegas in July will be AMAZING!!  I hope to see you there!!

2 comments

  1. I understand about being present with your kids. My oldest graduates from high school and is raring to move on, and if really makes me sad. I can't believe the time went by so fast! I enjoyed your post, Thanks for sharing!
    karen
    Smarticle Particles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your 14 in 14! I hope to attend the TpT Conference in Vegas! It looked like so much fun!!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top