15 Days of Christmas ~ Angie Olson {Mrs. Olson's Lucky Little Learners}

Happy Monday!!  I'm sure you are as excited as I am that we have started our last week of teaching in December!!  I hope that you are even more excited to meet a fantastic blogger today!!


Angie is amazing, and really needs no introduction!!  If you use interactive notebooks, then you probably know who she is!!  I LOVE her notebooks, but even more important than that, I love Angie!!  She is such a caring person, has an amazing heart, and we share the same faith!!  Her daughter is adorable, and she has a heart for teaching!!  I really don't know how many more awesome things I could say about her!!  I am so glad that I was able to meet Angie over the blogging world, and then spend a little time with her in Vegas!!


A couple of years ago we had a Mexican theme and everybody brought a dish to share such as enchiladas, taco salads, taco pizza, chimichangas, etc.  One year we had a Christmas Around the World where each family brought a dish from another country.  A few years ago we even had an ugly Christmas sweater contest.  Our Christmas celebrations get to be very large in my family.  Aunts, uncles, grandmas, grandpas, sisters, nieces, and more bring our family celebrations to around 30 people.  We all buy gifts for the young children and then the adults usually make one gift and we play a game to choose the wrapped gift.  The game includes stealing and trading of gifts…it gets pretty crazy!

{Don't you want to be in Angie's family just for these fun traditions!!  I can't wait to see what they do this year!!}

In my classroom the Elf on a Shelf gets introduced on the Monday after Thanksgiving break.  I attach him to the outside of our classroom window and let the class notice him.  Then we bring him in, read the book, and prepare ourselves for all of the mischief that Buddy will bring to our classroom.  We have a lot of fun with him!  Another classroom tradition that we have is Grinch Day.  My students are encouraged to dress up as the Grinch or as a Who and we spend the entire day doing Grinch activities…not to mention talking about how Christmas isn’t about the presents but instead about a time for loving our family and friends.  We have so much fun in 2nd grade!


Now you can see why I can't wait for Vegas 2015!!  This lady is amazing!!  Tomorrow I have one more set of Christmas traditions to share with you!!

1 comment

  1. Thank you for including me on your 15 Days of Christmas blog post series. You are so sweet!!!! I'm already looking forward to July and Vegas!!!
    Mrs. Olson’s Lucky Little Learners

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top