Looking Forward to 2015

I can't believe how quickly time is flying by!!  I know that I say this, All. Of. The. Time!!

In high school you can't wait to graduate, and be on your own experiencing college.

In college you can't wait to be done with school, and living the dream.

Once you find the person you want to spend forever with, you can't wait until your wedding day.

Once you get married you can't wait to have babies.

Then you have babies, and you can't wait until they are sleeping, crawling, walking, sleeping, taking, sleeping, starting school, sleeping, etc.

I feel like we are always waiting for the next thing.

I am linking up with the Primary Powers to share my big goal for 2015!



In my 14 of 2014 I shared that my word for 2015 is going to be PRESENT.  I want to be present in my life.  I want to be involved in what is going on with my kids.  I want to be involved with what is going on with my husband.  I want to be present with my parents.  I want to be present at my sister's wedding.

I also want to be PRESENT with my passion.  I LOVE teaching.  I LOVE kids, and working with the.  I LOVE the ah ha moment, as most of us do, or else why would we go into this crazy career?!

I have goals I want to reach this year, I may not reach them all, but I am going to work hard trying!  I want to be present, and to be that is my number one goal of the year.  I already miss too much in my kids' lives by being a working parent.  I don't want to miss more because I was too focused on myself.

I know that these next 17 years are going to fly by and then I'll be an empty nester.  (Fingers crossed, right!?)  I look forward to the days when I can sleep in past 5:30, binge watch Netflix all day (or night), and not have a messy house to clean up every half hour.  I also know that I already miss my carefree days of college, and look back at my first four years of marriage and wonder what we did with our time. I don't want to look back on these years with my kids and wish I would have done things differently.

I will be PRESENT on my blog, and I will be PRESENT on TPT.  You will NOT see me every night, and you will NOT see a new product every day.  You will see great things though, as I will only put my best out there.

Thank you for being PRESENT with me!  I hope that you have an amazing 2015!!  I look forward to many, many, many PRESENTLY AMAZING things in 2015!

3 comments

  1. I need this reminder, too. It's easy to be caught up in the "what's next" mode. "Right now" is hard to do! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being present is so hard in the world of technology today. One of my goals is to turn off the technology when I have mommy daughter time because using my phone and tablet keeps me from truly being present with her. Love this word!

    Brandi
    Swinging for Success

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! It's so true how we just wish for the next step/thing in life! Being present is so hard!

    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top